Protect, moisturize and heal skin naturally with this soft scented balm for even the most sensitive skin. Although gentle enough for a newborn baby, this balm will work its magic on even the roughest working hands. An indispensable balm for every member of the family!
- Shea butter nourishes the skin with Vitamins A, E and F. Vitamins A and E maintain the skin and keep it clear and healthy. They are particularly helpful for sun damaged skin. Vitamin A is also important for improving skin's barrier defenses. Vitamin F (linoleic acid) can restore the barrier function and reduce scaling on your skin.
- Lavender is famed for its regenerative effects on damaged or fragile skin. It has a pronounced healing effect on burns, sunburn, scarring and irritations of most kinds. It's sweet and happy aroma makes it calming and cooling to body, mind, and spirit.
- Gentle calendula and plantain herbal oils have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and wound healing properties, which make them effective for soothing inflamed and irritated skin caused by acne, rashes, eczema or burns. They are also beneficial for reducing swelling and relieving itching caused by bug bites and stings.
- Apply as needed to repair and protect any part of your body that requires attention. This balm is particularly effective on cuticles and fingertips where dryness and cracking can occur, so apply liberally at bedtime for an intensive overnight treatment. Great for heals too!
- fair trade vitellaria nilotica (shea) fruit butter*, olea europaea (olive) oil*, helianthis annuus (sunflower) oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil*, cera alba (beeswax)*, calendula officinalis flower*, plantago major (plantain) leaf extract*, tocopherol (vitamin E), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) essential oil*, vanilla planifolia oil*, bisabolol
* Designates organic or ECOCERT approved ingredients
I use this balm in many ways. I put it on my hands and feet when they are feeling dry, I use it as a chapstick, I put it on bug bites too!!!! Takes away the sting. I also give it as a gift to all my hairdresser friends who's hands have been damaged from extensive water and chemical exposure.
I am on my second balm and it works like magic in the healing department! I wear it to bed on my blemishes (yeah even at 55), sunburn and on the lines around my eyes and mouth. I also use it on any cuts I happen to have. Great product! :-)
I will talk about your products to everyone! The Gardener's Hand Remedy and Lavender & Calendula Soothing Balm are outstanding!
I just so happened to spend a few days in the mountains where, because of the extremes in temperature, I played host to several dozen hungry mosquitoes looking for a place to dine. My legs and arms were covered in bites. I opted for this natural soothing balm rather than the chemical-laden drug store varieties and was amazed. From the moment I rubbed it over my skin, the irritation calmed and the itching subsided. It is also great for care after exposure to temperature extremes.
Lately with all the humidity the deer flys have been terrible around here. These nasty little buggers with their camouflage pattern, delta wings take a chunk out you that would do a body builder on the Atkins diet, at an all-you-can-eat buffet, proud. And that's the good part. About an hour later the insane itching starts. As I was contemplating getting out the cheese grater to more effectively combat the itch but decided to look around the bathroom for a less destructive remedy. That was when I found the Botanic Organic soothing balm. I figured "what the heck" and dabbed a little on my bites. I don't put much faith in goops and jellies (as I tend to classify this sort of product) because frankly most of them just don't work. However, in this case the relief was almost immediate and the terrible itching was gone in minutes. Better still, it stayed gone until my next shower, when it immediately started itching again. Another quick dab and it was once again gone. So if you are getting a lot of bites, use this product.
The lavender balm soothes my little girl to sleep every night -- it’s a bit of a ritual as she dabs it on her lips and nails. For me, it’s great for my cuticles, the ends of my hair and my eyelashes!
I had purchased the baby gift pack and the goat milk cleanser at the Peninsula school fair last year. Loving all of the products very much! I had contacted you via e-mail about using the soothing balm on my nipples when my baby first started nursing, it worked great! I would actually use the lavender spray that came in the baby set right after nursing then apply the balm....the spray and the balm are the only thing we've used on our daughter who is now 3 months old and a long with our cloth diapers have managed to avoid any sign of diaper rash! Almost out of the spray and thought I'd try a few other things :-) happy I found your amazing products! Thank you!